Buffalo TeraStation upgrade drives
This article based on work by DC and frontalot. Originally by frontalot at Linkstationwiki.org
Some of this information courtesy of
Methods - There are two ways to go about this:You will have to backup the data, if you want to save it in /mnt on your own with either method. Disassemble the LinkStation and disconnect the hard drive.
- This is generally accepted as the easier method to upgrade your Linkstation's hard drive, if you run the firmware updater it will automatically create the necessary partitions. When you boot the LS up for the first time, the disk full LED will flash, this is the LS creating the partitions, wait until the flashing stops, then run the firmware updater (you may need to run it twice as the first may fail).
- These instructions are intended for people who wish to preserve their existing /hda1. First you will need to Create a perfect backup of the LinkStation filesystem then partition a new hard drive on a Knoppix workstation. Finally you will have to restore the backup you created and create a swap partition.
Backup the data in /mnt that you want to save either by copying it off of your LinkStation using Samba, FTP or a USB drive. You could create a Tarball of this data if you wanted to.
Then take the old drive out of the LinkStation and put the new drive in. Make sure, it the jumper is set to "Master".
Connect disk to LS and flash firmware
- power on LS (Reset button not pressed)
- Using The LinkStation firmware flasher, you could flash OpenLink, FreeLink or the Stock Firmware.
- Open the archive and carefully read the included README file for any specific instructions.
- Disable any firewall(s), including any built-in Windows firewall
- If you are running some virus checker or worm detection software, disable this also
- Make sure the LinkStation and your PC are on the same sub-network. This likely requires that you change the IP address (and probably the subnet-mask) of your PC and router to a different IP address in EM Mode it will have a static IP address of 192.168.11.150 or to connect your PC and LinkStation directly with a crossover cable.
- unpack HD-H*.zip (use the proper firmware for your LS)
- start HD-H*FWUpdate.exe (use the proper updater for your LS)
- After finding your LinkStation, press the "Renew Firmware" button, and wait. Have patience, and keep your calm. If you think the Firmware updater is acting strange, do not try to disconnect the LinkStation or abort the update in another way.
- start update, following messages appear:
Settings are being saved Firmware is being transmitted LinkStation Firmware has been renewed Settings are being restored
- if You get the following message You are done.
The firmware has been renewed
- But because the reformatting and partitioning takes too long, the Diskfull LED may blink or you can hear the disk being active (withoug LED indication).
Bills training camp observations: Day 6 — wgr550.com
For the first time during the 2014 version of training camp, the Buffalo Bills gave their players their first taste of real football.
BUFFALO 2 TB Optional Hard Drive for TS-H8.0TGL/R5 - TS-OPHD-H8.0T